The European Parliament Training Outreach and Recruitment Unit has announced the starting of the application round to access the Schuman Traineeships at the European Parliament on October 2022. The application stint goes from 1st May to the end of the month. There are more than 400 offers available to apply for.
The goal of the Schuman traineeships is to contribute to EU citizens’ European education and vocational training and to provide an insight into the work of the European Parliament.
The European Parliament is an equal opportunities employer; candidates without distinction as to gender, sexual orientation, cultural, ethnic and religious backgrounds or disability are encouraged to apply, with reasonable accommodations available for successful candidates with disabilities who may need them.
Who Can Apply
The applicant for a Schuman traineeships must meet the following criteria:
- age 18+;
- fulfil the language requirement;
- provide a university level diploma(s);
- provide an eligible criminal record;
- not have worked for more than two consecutive months within an EU institution or body;
- not have carried out a Study Visit in the Secretariat of the European Parliament six months prior to the beginning of the traineeship.
How To Apply
In order to apply for a traineeship offer, I must follow a simple two-steps application procedure:
- REGISTER | visit the Traineeship offers main page, select an offer that you would like to apply for, click on the button Apply online, complete the New registration form with your personal data.
- APPLY | select an offer that you would like to apply for, login to your account, upload your CV (only Europass Format), upload a motivation letter per traineeship offer (maximum one page).
After the application, the next steps are:
- pre-selection by the DG, happening on 1st of July – 15th of July, and meaning you have been pre-selected;
- eligibility check: you have to upload the documents required (ID/Passport, University diploma, Criminal Record) | It is highly recommended to have all the required documents ready to be uploaded before receiving the shortlisted message. The link to upload the documents in the shortlisted message expires automatically after 14 days.
- admission: contact by the Trainee Outreach and Recruitment Unit, happening on 1st of July – 31st of August
- start your traineeship on 1st October!
See the Schuman Traineeships offers in the following fields: communication, employment, economics & finance, infrastructure & logistics, law, international relations, EU internal policies, administration, IT, multilingualism.
Work Abroad With the ALMA Programme