(1) Environment and sustainability (10-12 hours per week):
• Aid in agricultural activities: cultivation of vegetables and fruits, look after animals (goats,
chickens, bees), craft beer production, landscape maintenance (gardening, pruning, etc.) and wild herbs and flowers collections. Volunteers will learn to apply biodynamic methods and principles of permaculture, as well aquaponic basics techniques. They will be directly involved in the activities, but always supported by an expert operator. Activities will take place throughout the year, depending on seasonality.
• Support the development and management of Piantalà project that is a new common fruit trees garden we are creating in a land situated close to the farm. This project have the aim to by opened to other associations, citizens, schools and youngsters that can use the space and promotes ideas to be developed there.
• Support the creation of urban vegetable gardens in Turin in collaboration with other associations involved in the integration of migrant citizens.
(2) Association office work and events organisation (around 15-20 hours per week:
• Support the association with administration, social media, project writing and managing tasks
• Volunteers will help to propose, promote and organise workshops and events for promotional purposes of the cultural association as: crafts (such as ceramics, painting, sewing and drawing), culture of food, holistic wellness, sustainability and eco-building (such as compost toilet, solar with sustainable and innovative techniques cooker, thermocompost, tree houses, geodesic domes etc.)
By the end of the experience the volunteers will be able to propose a personal project related to
their favorite scope among the ones experienced in the farm. It can be realised either individually or with the support of the association. The volunteer will have acquired specific skills to work with the public, manage a group and specific techniques easily spendable in the world of work.
(3) Guests reception and cleaning of common areas (around 5 - 10 hours per week):
• The volunteers will take care of the cleaning of all common areas of the farm (cooking areas, bathrooms, chilling areas, laundry, outdoor spaces)
• Meals are prepared and shared with a weekly schedule among the members of the farm, always in a context of supporting each other
• It will also be their task to help guide the tours offered to visitors of the farm
• The volunteers will acquire the necessary skills to independently manage a context similar
to a farm, to cook with traditional Italian products and recipes (supported by a chef) and to live in a context of sharing. They will enrich the activity thanks to their linguistic and culinary knowledge, helping in the reception of foreign guests and cooking dishes typical of their countries of origin.The objective of this path is that the volunteers are able, at the end of the experience, to welcome guests speaking in Italian and learning how to cook some typical Italian dishes.